Friday, August 26, 2011

Ireland Revisited: Brian Boru's Revenge

Day 23 of 35: Thursday, August 26, 2010

At the end of our long, busy day on Wednesday, we treated ourselves to dinner at one of Killarney’s supposedly better restaurants – and Diane’s lobster and my rack of lamb were delicious. Something in my meal obviously hated me, though, because I woke up at about three on Thursday morning with a very aggressive case of the disgustings – maybe we can call it Brian Boru’s Revenge. Luckily, my system seemed to have emptied itself of offending rich dinner by checkout time, and we could undertake the three-hour drive back to Birr, even though I was otherwise still feeling pretty much awful. On arrival back at the Bothy, I crashed on the bed and slept for 16 hours.

Diane evidently felt fine and, bless her soul, didn't smirk at me even once, so far as I could tell.

The only photo taken on Thursday, August 26th.

==================================

Next: August 27, 2010 -- Before the Fair
Previous: August 25, 2010 -- Killarney
Beginning of the series: Prologue, August 2

No comments: